Why do Reliv products contain soy?
Studies continue to illustrate the many benefits of soy as a superfood:
- A study shows that consumption of a wide variety of soy products is associated with reducing the risk of developing the lung disease COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and other respiratory symptoms. The flavonoids in soy foods may act as an anti-inflammatory agent in the lung.
- Soy isoflavones can lower diabetes and heart disease risk. Eating soy foods has been shown to lower cholesterol, decrease blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance in people with diabetes.
- In postmenopausal women, the phytoestrogens in soy may slow bone loss. In addition, many soy foods are high in calcium and contain magnesium and boron, which work together with calcium for better bone health.
- New studies show that soy may help reduce cancer risk — including breast cancer risk in premenopausal women.
- Soy also helps improve mood, memory and other mental functions in women and men.
To learn more about soy, please click here.