TAKING CONTROL WITH LUNASIN
What is Lunasin? A naturally occurring peptide and originally identified in soy. This peptide consists of 43 amino acids.
How does it work? Lunasin is the first compound identified to work at the epigenetic level to promote optimal health.
To learn more about lunasin and epigenetics view the video.
What if… there was a simple, proven way to turn good genes on, turn bad genes off and become your best possible you? To improve upon the genetic code your parents left you and even pass those healthy epigenetics on to your own kids?
Numerous independent studies demonstrate lunasin’s superior support for cancer-preventive effects, cardiovascular health, immune system support, significant anti-inflammatory properties, anti-aging, skin health, and more… Contact Us for information on other studies, protocols using lunasin, and health results.
Every cell in your body contains DNA – half from your mom, half from your dad. That’s your genome, the genetic blueprint that makes you you.
So what makes different cells perform different functions? The answer lies in your epigenome, a higher level of complexity within the cell. The epigenome consists of DNA packaging material and works as a series of genetic switches. It determines cell function by signaling your genome which genes to turn on and off.
The epigenome also influences how well each cell functions. In the epigenome, the right lifestyle choices trigger healthy gene expression — the healthy genes get switched on, the unhealthy ones get switched off. Problem is, even when you know what you are supposed to do – eat right, exercise, reduce stress, etc. – life sometimes gets in the way! So while you can’t change your DNA blueprint, you can influence the way that DNA expresses itself.
Dr. Alfredo Galvez: “Here’s a visual representation of lunasin’s epigenetic mechanism of action and the health effects associated with the epigenetic biomarkers (histone modifications) modulated by lunasin.
1) Lunasin specifically binds to histone H3-Lysine14 and inhibits its acetylation by the PCAF histone acetylase enzyme. The acetylation of H3-Lysine14 has been shown to be the key epigenetic biomarker associated with cholesterol biosynthesis, chronic inflammation, cancer formation and atherosclerosis (heart disease formation).
2) Lunasin binds to histone H4-Lysine 8, causing conformational changes to promote histone H4-Lysine16 acetylation by histone acetylase enzymes. Loss of H4-Lysine16 acetylation is the common epigenetic hallmark of cancer. H4-Lysine 16 acetylation is the essential epigenetic biomarker associated with optimal expression of housekeeping genes, normal brain functions and the healthy metabolic communications between the nucleus and mitochondria.”
- Lunasin is the first nutritional compound identified to affect gene expression and promote optimal health at the epigenetic level.
- LunaRich® from Reliv optimizes bioactive lunasin more than any other source available today.
- Reliv owns exclusive rights to LunaRich and holds three lunasin-related patents:
- A patent on lunasin’s mechanism of action for reducing LDL cholesterol in the body (2 patents pertaining to this).
- A composition of matter patent on Reliv’s LunaRich technology as it relates to its superior ability to deliver bioactive lunasin to the body. Reliv uses a process that is chemical free and preserves the protein matrix that chaperones the lunasin peptide through the digestive system and provides greater bioavailability. No one else has this technology.
Health Benefits of Lunasin (PDF)
1997-2012: Fifteen Years of Research on Peptide Lunasin
Recognized by the American Heart Association! Circulation
Need Proof? LunaRich marks the culmination of an extensive research and development process that began with the discovery of the lunasin peptide in 1996. It is now one of the most heavily researched and scientifically supported nutritional compounds available today. Contact Us today for study information, protocols and health results.
• 30+ Research institutions • 20+ Funding sources • 100+ Published papers
LunaRich elevates Reliv to a unique status in the nutrition industry. Reliv now owns an ingredient in its entirety, from the extraction process to the patented mechanisms of action within the body. And LunaRich isn’t just any ingredient; it’s the world’s first epigenetic superfood.
Reliv has always endeavored to remain on the cutting edge of nutrition science in formulating products. With the acquisition of lunasin, Reliv is now leading the industry in the budding field of nutritional epigenetics. New research shows that through nutrition people can influence which genes are expressed. Reliv is committed to building on this emerging science and developing nutritional solutions with lunasin and other plant-based nutrients that help people take control of their health.